Cat.5e UTP 24AWG Solid CMP bulk cable(red), 1000ft REELEX
Plenum rated Cat.5E cable has the same data transmission specifications as regular Cat.5E, but has a jacket that meets specific ANSI requirements for flame retardance and low smoke production. If the building is involved in a fire, the Cat5e Plenum cable will not burn as easy as a standard PVC jacket, and will produce less smoke than a typical Cat5e cable if it does catch fire. It is generally used in public building or HIPPA compliant office environments.
- 24AWG 4 pair
- 350MHz rated
- CMP rated
- UL and ETL listed
- Pull Box
- Solid wire consists of one piece of metal wire.
- Stranded wire is composed of a bundle of thinner wires.
- Less expensive than stranded wire.
- Features a more compact diameter with the same current-carrying capability as stranded wire.
- Less likely to fail due to corrosion
- Typically only available in small gauges.
- Continuous flexing or vibration will cause the wire to fatigue and break.
- Commonly used for in-wall wiring where flexibility is not required.
- Very flexible and can withstand a greater amount of flexing and vibration.
- Easier to route.
- Diameter is larger with the same current-carrying capability as solid wire.
- More costly than solid wire.
- More likely to fail due to corrosion from capillary action and a high surface area.
CMR type cables are engineered to prevent the spread of fire from floor to floor and are suitable for vertical shaft applications.CMP: The 'P' in CMP is for Plenum.
CMP cables are suitable for installation in ducts and plenums without the use of conduit. These cables are designed for fire resistance and will generate low smoke and toxin producing characteristics in the event of a fire.CM/CMH/CMG: CM is used for general building wiring such as residential house.
CM cables are used in areas where CMP or CMR is not required.